Saturday, September 1, 2012

. . . AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS!

This is a song I like to sing along to while driving down I-476 from out-of-town trips in a ravaged old Toyota at sunset. I found an old old acoustic version so that the words'd be easy to make out, but there's some harderboiled electric performances available on the youtube as well. I think it fits the criteria of noir fiction that I suggested on the syllabus and hey, has a misogynist trope too.

Here's a transcription of the words.

1 comment:

  1. I think this fits the criteria as well..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6vAd3dUT4g

    What makes it fit the noir theme so well I believe is that Biggie is haunted by guilt and shame. In most of his songs he is unapologetic and boastful about the Mafioso lifestyle, but in this verse he is humiliated by his uncontrollable desires.

    ReplyDelete