Monday, October 15, 2012

Any happy endings for anyone?


I would have liked to see a happy ending for Ann and Jeff, but I know that's too much to ask of a noir film. From my understanding, if I took it the right way, one thing that even further rejected the happy ending was how Ann will forever be under the impression that Jeff was going to leave with Kathie. When Ann asked the deaf/dumb boy if he was going to leave with her, he said yes; so the truth didn't even come out at the end that Jeff was setting Kathie up to get caught. I took that as Kathie living under a false impression of the truth, therefore leaving her with a somewhat bad ending.
Basically everyone else ended up dead.
But the deaf/dumb boy seems to be only one that didn't turn out to be in a worse place by the end of the movie. Does anyone else see good endings for characters?

No comments:

Post a Comment