Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Dialogue In Queenpin


As we've seen throughout the semester, the noir style uses action and fast-paced dialogue to advance the plot, and Queenpin is no exception to this characteristic. I found the novel to be a speedy read due to the clever dialogue and fast paced interactions between the characters. 
So, I have to ask, what particular scenes or interactions did you find clever or amusing within the novel? I particularly liked this exchange between the narrator and the man that is hired to test her loyalty at the racetrack:
“That’s a nice hat you have, miss,” he said, standing in the row behind me.
“Thanks,” I said, turning slightly, tucking my purse tight under my arm. “I’ll tell it you said so.”

1 comment:

  1. "So," Clancy said. "Can't say you're not a familiar face around here."
    "I support my local police department whenever I can."

    ReplyDelete