Wednesday, December 12, 2012

More noir?

I noticed while flipping through Queenpin today that Abbott borrows my favorite quote from Dashiell Hammett's The Thin Man in her dedication:
We found a table. Nora said: "She's pretty."
"If you like them like that."
She grinned at me. " You got types?"
"Only you, darling -- lanky brunettes with wicked jaws."
So, on that note, has anyone read any noir/hard-boiled novels outside of class that they enjoyed? The Hammett novels I've read don't really have the same psychological depth as most of the stuff we read in class, but are really gripping and fun nonetheless. And I just read Jim Thompson's The Killer Inside Me, which is Ripley-esque in that we experience the novel from inside the head of the murderous protagonist. Cool stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment